Managing dozens (if not hundreds) of personal and work-related online accounts is near-impossible.
Uniqkey solves this task with our simple keychain system that organizes and stores your work-related and personal login details in two separate vaults, with the private one being completely unavailable to your organization. This helps you maintain a clear distinction between personal and work-related accounts and makes it easy to manage them, improving privacy, security, and efficiency.
How Uniqkey’s Keychains Works
There are two things you need to know about our Keychain feature:
- How it works when you import your logins
- How it works when you use it throughout your day
How Keychains Work During Password Importing
When you first import your logins into Uniqkey, your logins will be organized and separated into your company keychain or private keychain based on the email used for the login.
If a login uses your work email, it is automatically saved in your work keychain. If you created a login using an email unrelated to your workplace, its saved under your private keychain. This way Uniqkey keeps your digital private life separated from your work life.
How To Use Keychains Throughout Your Day
During your workdays, you may need to create new accounts for services that can help you perform your job more efficiently. That’s when the Keychain feature comes in handy.
- Create a new login using either your work email or personal email.
- After creating the login, a Uniqkey pop-up will appear, asking if you want to save the login in Uniqkey.
- If you used your work email for the login, Uniqkey will automatically save it to your work keychain by default. As a user, you cannot change this.
- If you used your personal email for the login, Uniqkey will ask whether to save the login in your work keychain or private keychain.
- Once you’ve decided where to save the login, you don’t need to remember it again. It’s securely saved and stored in your keychain, ready for access whenever needed.
Why Users Can’t Save Work Logins in Their Private Keychain
The reason individual users cannot save a work login in their private keychain is due to our security philosophy, which considers accounts registered using an organization’s email domain as company assets.
These accounts are essential to the organization and could pose a risk if compromised.
As a result, organizations have the right to control access to them. For example, in the event an employee leaves the organization, the company can easily revoke the employee’s access to all accounts registered using the work domain, ensuring continued security.
A Real-life Use Case
Imagine that you come across a new project management tool that you believe would help your team and decide to sign up for it using your work email. Because you have Uniqkey and used your work email, your login credentials are automatically saved in your work keychain.
A few days later, at home, you discover a new fitness app that you’d like to try out. You sign up with your personal email and tell Uniqkey to save it in your private keychain.
Thanks to the Keychain, you’re able to easily manage your various accounts, maintain a healthy work-life balance, and protect yourself (and your organization) from potential security risks by keeping your work and personal accounts separate.
The main benefits of our Keychain feature are these:
- Better organization: The Keychain helps separate and organize your personal and work-related accounts, making it easier to manage and access them.
- Improved security: By keeping private logins separate from work logins, you minimize the risk of accidently mixing up credentials, which could be a security risk.
- Healthier work-life balance: Uniqkey’s Keychain helps maintain clear boundaries between your work and personal life, promoting a healthier work-life balance and maintaining your privacy.
Tips For Getting the Most Out of the Feature
- Be consistent with your email usage, so you don’t end up saving a private login in your work keychain.
- Regularly review your keychains, so you can spot and replace any misplaced accounts.
- Make sure that you pay attention to the Uniqkey pop-up when creating new accounts. If you miss it, your login credentials won’t be saved.
Uniqkey’s Keychain feature offers a simple solution for managing multiple personal and work-related online accounts.
By organizing your credentials into separate keychains, you can easily access, manage, and secure your accounts while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. With the help of the Keychain feature, navigating the digital world has never been more convenient or secure.
Explore Other Features
If you’re interested in learning more about all the features Uniqkey has to offer, simply check our other feature spotlights. If you don’t have Uniqkey yet, we invite you to schedule a live demonstration here.